California Blackouts, Storms, & Hurricanes Elsewhere Causing Serious Power Outages [How do I prepare to continue CPAP therapy?]
Rolling blackouts in California, powerful thunderstorms nation-wide, and hurricanes are starting to build in the Atlantic Sea & Gulf of Mexico. Power outage is a real possibility that one must consider when using CPAP for sleep apnea. Do you have a plan that will keep your CPAP running, and keep you sleeping well should this unfortunate situation arise? I am certainly not trying to bring fear, merely raising the question now, as I find this type of planning and preparing to be prudent and wise.
AffinityHM carries rechargeable batteries especially designed with your CPAP machine in mind. They can be charged by your power outlet while power is on, OR better yet, get the Solar Charger, and charge the battery with the power of the sun!
We all know what to expect when it comes to preparing for rolling blackouts, storms, & hurricanes: boarding windows, stocking up food, and studying general safety precautions. With these preparations taking place, you may forget to think.. "How am I suppose to sleep during all this mess?" This question may weigh heavy on most peoples mind, however as a patient using CPAP, it may be a little concerning.
So let me suggest a viable option for powering your CPAP during these natural disasters. Enter, portable CPAP batteries.
We carry the Zopec CPAP Batteries which are top quality. These batteries will automatically kick in if power goes out while you are using you CPAP and the CPAP will not even miss a beat! You can even charge them using a solar panel!
The Zopec Explorer Mini Universal CPAP Battery is an all around excellent choice to power your CPAP when power is unavailable. Solar Charger and Car Charger sold seperately.
- SMALLEST, LIGHTEST WEIGHT and PACKED with POWER: The world's smallest portable CPAP battery to include 110V AC outlet with 27,000 mAh. Weight: 1.6 lb. Dimensions: 7.0" x 5.75" x 1.0".
- WORKS WITH ALL CPAP MACHINES LIKE YOUR WALL OUTLET AT HOME: Just plug in and sleep like home! So simple to use. No need to be an electrical engineer to figure out which battery will work with your machine!
- ULTRA POWERFUL and LONG RUN TIME: 1 - 1.5 nights on average or 7 - 12 hours depending on machine parameters. (NOTE: Use battery to power CPAP unit only. All CPAP batteries will lose 50% - 80% run time if heated humidifier and/or heated hose were used. See images for Run Time Chart with various machine brand and settings. We don't recommend using heated humidifier and heated tube with this CPAP battery.)
- PERFECT VACATION and CAMPING COMPANION: This powerful battery will also power any standard electronic device including Laptops, Phones, XBox, Movie Projectors ... etc.
- OTHER GREAT FEATURES: LED Light Display on Battery Life. Sleek and Modern look. Ultra-Fast Charging technology. CE Certified. Nice protective pouch included.
- FAA/TSA COMPLIANT for AIR TRAVEL: Zopec EXPLORE Mini capacity is 97 Wh. Carry-On Bag only. Can not be in checked-in luggage. No quantity limit.
- 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty.
- HAVE OPTIONS FOR SOLAR PANEL AND CAR CHARGING! (separate purchase)
- NOTE: CPAP Battery is a FSA and HSA Eligible Item
We divided the Run Time Chart into 3 sections so it is easier to read. After reviewing the charts, please read the recommendations at the bottom of this page. There are 3 Run Time Charts listed below:
- Chart 1: Run Time WITHOUT Humidifier and Heated Tube. (Longest Run Time)
- Chart 2: Run Time WITH Humidifier and NO Heated Tube. (Run Time drops 50% - 60%)
- Chart 3: Run Time WITH Humidifier and WITH Heated Tube. (Run Time drops 75% - 85%)
Please find Your CPAP Machine Name and Your Machine Parameters in the run time charts below for each model of Zopec EXPLORE Travel CPAP Batteries.
Hopefully you found something useful here, please let us know your thoughts. Thanks for visiting!